QUICK GUIDE TO MY PODCAST WORK - PART 2: POKEMON ANIME PODCAST

- - FROM 2016 - -
RETURN TO TIMELINE PAGE



What is the Pokémon Anime Podcast?

An audio review series where I explore each episode of the late 90's Pokémon cartoon, addressing whether or not the show helped in building Pokémon into the world-storming mega-success that it still is today.

NSFW language warning!



What do you need to know about the Pokémon Anime Podcast?

With this podcast, I began calling myself Lena. I've never liked my birth name, Liam, and only kept it post-school for the sake of non-trans-accommodating work colleagues who weren't prepared to detach "Liam" from my appearance. By the time I was "Lena" though, I had no job, no friends and no reason to keep hiding behind a false cisgender identity.

At first, I used the surname "Peacock," my mother's maiden name. Soon thereafter, I fell out with a different Peacock who had scorned my pansexuality. With my fondness for the name "Peacock" soured, I changed my surname to Ray.

In looking for ways to promote Magma Blast and YesMode Games, I returned to podcast production, aiming to build a big, successful podcast project via which to advertise my gaming wares! Rather than resurrect Short Ass Podcast, I decided to work on a more specific, attention-grabbing podcast concept. Since no-one had at that point made a podcast reviewing the classic Pokémon anime, I laid my claim!



Unfortunately, I only managed to produce two episodes of Pokémon Anime Podcast before I was hit by eight months of throat problems, which I will spare you the gross details of. Long story short, my voice was unfit for podcast recording throughout most of 2016, the 20th anniversary year of Pokémon! Rats.

As a result of these voice problems, I went to work on the YesMode Blog and did everything I could to promote Magma Blast through non-vocal means. By the time my voice had recovered, I had moved my focus entirely to Fake Fights.

Want more audio reviews like this from me? Please go to patreon.com/lenaray - That's..


...and donate to keep me looked-after as I work!

Any questions, confusion or compliments about the Pokémon Anime Podcast? Leave a comment below!

- - NEXT POST - -
QUICK GUIDE TO MY WRITTEN WORK - PART 4: THE YESMODE BLOG

- - PREVIOUS POST - -
QUICK GUIDE TO MY GAME WORK - PART 4: MAGMA BLAST

No comments:

Post a Comment