WHAT IS THIS BLOG?

This is the home of EVERY entertaining thing that I, Lena Ray, have made in my life. Welcome! (Mostly Not-Safe-For-Work)

I give you fifteen years of my adventure game demos, cynical cartoons, pro-queer rap tracks, retro junk reviews, tormented stories, YouTube experiments, melodies, designs and DEEP thoughts on how entertainment works. So much is missing from entertainment. I want to bring people what is missing!




I am transgender and pansexual, so if you enjoy exploring the work of creators who self-identify outside of cisgender and hetero culture, you've come to the right place!

Apart from some Nintendo/Enterbrain things, I made EVERYTHING you'll see on this blog, on barren income, solo, with all the tech I could afford.

As proud as I am of my work and my skills, I tend not to promote myself. I struggle to interact with others due to long-term internal issues stemming from past homophobic and transphobic abuse. Thus, I work alone and remain undiscovered in my 30's. But I don't want to hide my work, or hide what I live with as a queer and trans person any longer, so here is this blog, where I'll present my true, complete self, uncensored and uncompromised.




If I quit entertainment, this work is what I'll leave behind, free to explore, no strings attached.

I don't ever want to quit. I've worked HARD at entertainment, I love it and I want it to work for me, but I've been broke, starving and jobless for too long. I'm confident in my skills, but when you keep getting ditched by employers, panned by complaints, sunk by algorithms and crushed by your own brain, it's hard to stop your confidence from vaulting out the window.

As of now, I only have two choices left: accept that I'm a closeted recluse who will never entertain for a living... or...

TAKE EVERYTHING I'VE EVER MADE AND MAKE SOME DAMN CASH!

To do that, I'll need YOUR help. If you like what I make and don't want me to quit, please donate what you can to patreon.com/LenaRay - That's...


...and tell EVERY open-minded person you know about this blog. Your direct support will help me A LOT.

POSITIVE REACTIONS ONLY FROM THIS POINT FORWARD PLEASE. IT'S SCARY AND DIFFICULT FOR ME TO SHARE MY LIFE'S WORK IN SUCH MAJOR DETAIL. I WELCOME OBJECTIVE CRITICISM*, JUST DON'T BE A JERK FOR NO REASON.

*Reach me at queerdweeb@gmail.com

(Deep breath...) Welcome to the world of...


- - - EVERY LENA RAY THING ON A TIMELINE - - -
Links in Red (Unvisited) or Pink (Visited)

1988: Born Liam Kelly somewhere in England
- - - - -
1993-2005: School (Little achieved)
- - - - -

Fantasy Adventure Game Demo

 - - - - -
2005-07: A-Levels (Less achieved)
- - - - -
2007-09: Odd-jobs, bit roles and Art-College-failing
 - - - - -

2008: JEWEL
Fantasy Adventure Game Design Notes


- - - - -
2009-12: Theatre Production Degree (SOMETHING achieved)
- - - - -

2011/17: FILTH
Rock Musical Script & Demos


2012: NINE CIRCLES
Science Fiction Story Synopsis


- - - - -
2012-20: Sporadic odd-jobs amidst non-stop CV rejection
- - - - -

2012: EMPYREAN
Solo Rap-Opera Theatre Show Tracks


Adult Cartoon Series Pilot

2013: AIR PIG
Cartoon Rap Battles/Viewership Stunt

2013: DRUNK SCHOOL
Improvised "Educational" Video Series
 
 
2013/19: MAN'S WORST FEAR (JUST SOME QUEER)
Rap Album

2014: STRESS MODE
Gaming Video Series

2014: SULK
Cartoon Vlog-Parody Scripts

2014: HEROES OF SHRUG
Fantasy Cartoon Pilot Script

2014/18: SHORT ASS PODCAST
Movie, TV & Game Discussions

2015: THE GATE
Action-Adventure Game Beta

2015: MAGMA BLAST
Action Game

- - - - -
2016: Birth name ditched for Lena Ray
- - - - -

2016: POKEMON ANIME PODCAST
Audio Reviews

2016: THE YESMODE BLOG
Gaming Culture Blog

 2017/19: FAKE FIGHTS
Cartoon Combat Card Game (On Hiatus For Now)

- - - - -
2017: First attempt made at a Lena Ray blog
- - - - -
2018: Life grinds to a halt as money/sanity hits zero
- - - - -
 2019: Old blog scrapped, Queer Dweeb blog begins
- - - - -

2019 ONWARDS: DEMON TOY DEATHMATCH
Patreon-Donation-Driven Comic

2019 ONWARDS: MAGMA WARRIORS
Planned Action-Adventure Game

2019 ONWARDS: ECHO SAGA
Planned Fantasy Adventure Game

2019 ONWARDS: DAPHNE DARLING
Planned Open-World Game

2019 ONWARDS: GROWN ADULT FAILURE
Upcoming Rap Album

2020 ONWARDS: BOOTLEMON: BOOTLEG MONSTERS
Upcoming Cartoon Card Game

- - - - -
 2020: SUCCESS AT LIFE! ...Hopefully?
(Mid-June update: Wow, 2020 is THE WORST!)
- - - - -

Any questions, confusion or compliments about this blog? Leave a comment below!

- - NEXT POST - -
QUICK GUIDE TO MY GAME WORK - PART 1: THE LOST SORCERESS

No comments:

Post a Comment